Literacy is for everyone, Learning is never ending.
We are a non-profit agency whose mission is to improve the quality of life in our community and expand individual potential by teaching adults to read, write, speak and understand the English language. We are committed to improving literacy skills. Find out how you can help!
Many of our readers who love slots games are organizing to find useful resources on no deposit bonus codes for online casinos in English. We remind you to play responsibly to avoid gambling problems.
Literacy Council to be Featured
on Local NBC News!
Mike Redding, the Carolina Traveler, interviewed three Adult Basic Education students and filmed footage at the Literacy Council’s Annual Adult Spelling Bee for a segment to air on the WCNC TV (NBC-6) 5 PM News, on May 12th. The students interviewed understand how important it is to encourage other non-readers to seek help and learn to read. Tune in to learn more about the impact we are having on the lives of those we serve!
|Get "one on one" tutoring using the Laubach method by trained volunteers in convenient public places.
WHAT IF YOU COULDN'T READ THIS?
THE LITERACY COUNCIL OF UNION COUNTY
EXISTS TO HELP ADULTS ACHIEVE
THE LITERACY SKILLS THEY NEED.
Union County Literacy Facts
- 20,000+ adults in Union County have not completed high school.
- 10,000 adults in Union County have less than a ninth grade education.
- The greatest predictor of a child's success in school is the reading level of his/her mother.
- Union County's non-English speaking population has increased 1031% since the 1990 census.
- Over 10,000 Union County residents speak a language other than English at home.
For additional information or to make comments, please us.
Sign Up Now!
Link to #5181